Angela J. Uliana-Murphy
Angela Uliana-Murphy is an attorney specializing in Special Education Law and Family Law. Angela graduated from Muhlenberg College and the Dickinson School of Law and has been practicing law for twenty years. Angela practices law with her husband Jim.
Since 1990, she has served as the Title IV-D Advocate for Northampton County Domestic Relations. In addition to representing plaintiffs in Northampton County Child support eases, she practices all areas of Family Law. Since entering the practice of law, Angela has represented clients in divorces, custody actions, PFAs and adoptions.
Angela also specializes in education law, representing parents and children in special education and discipline cases. As part of this practice, Angela represents clients in public health care disputes and juvenile court. Angela has been an advocate for children with disabilities, assisting in founding a support group for parents of children with Aspergers Disorder. Angela has conducted seminars on education issues. If your group is interested in an information, session, please contact her. She routinely attends conferences on special education issues and has significant experience in cases involving children with autism spectrum disorder.
As a mother of three, Angela has personally experienced the special education process with two of her children. Angela understands the process of the parent's perspective. She believes passionately in the rights of children to receive the services they need to allow them to grow and experience success in school and in life.
Areas of Practice
- Special Education
- Family Law
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1987
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) - 1984
- Major: Political Science/Russian Studies
- Special Educational Law, Northampton Country Bar Association, 2005 - 2006
- Discipline in Special Education, Lohrman, 2007 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Northampton County Bar Association, 1987 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Legal Services for Exceptional Children Committee, 2007 - Present